1 of or relating to manic depressive illness
2 of, pertaining to, or occurring in both polar regions; "the bipolar distribution of certain species"
3 having two poles [ant: unipolar]
Bipolar is a term used to define things with two (usually opposing) poles. It can refer to:
In charitable organisation
MDF The BiPolar Organisation - A UK based charitable organisation
In Electronics and electrical engineering
- Bipolar junction transistor, electronic device.
- A loudspeaker design which has transducers on the front and the rear of the enclosure.
- Nickname for the Milwaukee Road class EP-2 electric locomotives.
- bipolar encoding, a type of line code used in telecommunication.
- bipolar high-voltage direct current transmission
bipolar in Danish: Bipolaritet
bipolar in German: Bipolar